We are looking for a rock star Technical Support Technician to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for a wide array of support services encompassing basic computer hardware refreshes of desktop and laptop computers, software deployments, end user training, system troubleshooting, telephony and in some cases server administration. Expert level training/mentoring will be provided by company to ensure that you are successful in the role.
• Candidate will need 2+ years of technical support experience and have had previous deskside technician support experience
• Proactive attitude and ability to interact with executive level as needed
• Office 365 experience preferred
• ITSM experience preferred
• 5+ years of experience in implementing, troubleshooting and supporting end user technologies & services in medium to large sized environments
• 5+ years of Windows OS administration, configuration and troubleshooting experience
• Experience with Microsoft SCCM
• Airwatch or equivalent MDM experience with managing mobile devices, configuring mobile policies and deploying mobile applications
• In depth knowledge of key technologies including Enterprise Mobility, Office 365, Collaboration, Messaging, Video Conference equipment and Unified communication
• Good working knowledge of Active Directory
- Monitor, update and maintain tickets in defined ticketing system
- Respond to tickets, contact users and plan workload
- Take ownership of the issue from end to end- from creation through the whole process and then through the resolution to ensure that issue has necessary follow through with end user
- Update tickets with the latest status
- Escalate the ticket to the correct group if the incident cannot be resolved
- Sign-off closed tickets with the user to include follow up specifically to the end user
- Close tickets that have been resolved
- Identify Interrupts and escalate as needed, monitor where possible and resolve issues during emergency outages
- Imaging and Deployment support of PC and mobile device hardware
- Setting up the computer(s), monitor(s), mobile device(s)
- Maintain physical presence at designated service locations to support end users
- Software installation (based on standard software image and guidelines)
- Set-up in accordance with documentation.
- Troubleshoot software in the Standard Software image and 3rd party applications
- Routine or as requested health check of IT systems for printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and video conference equipment and providing reports as needed.
- Training end users on how to operate the equipment as requested
- Check to see if paper and toner is adequate. Refill, stock and change as necessary.
- Check to see if equipment is operational (no paper jams, power is on and general health
- Check and troubleshooting simple issues and escalation of complex issues to appropriate employees
- Check stock levels of standard equipment; notify Asset Management team when stock levels are low or order as defined by management
- Conference room sweeps to verify Video Conferencing cabling, equipment settings as per defined checklist